Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fouad Campaign

I was saddened to hear that Fouad was sentenced to 3 years despite the campaign waged by Moroccan bloggers. I know Fouad is going to prison and these words will not console his friends and family but the bloggers that spoke up on his behalf should not lose faith. The efforts of the blogoma were not invisible to the local or international press and this movement will inspire more people to speak up for others with marginalized voices or for causes in which they believe. My best wishes for Fouad and his mother.



J'ai été attristé d'apprendre que Fouad a été condamné à 3 ans en dépit de la campagne menée par les blogueurs marocains. Je sais Fouad va en prison et ces paroles ne console ses amis et de sa famille, mais les blogueurs qui se sont exprimées sur son nom ne devrait pas perdre la foi. Les efforts de la blogoma n'étaient pas invisibles à la presse locale ou internationale et ce mouvement va inciter encore plus de gens à parler au nom d'autres personnes ayant voix ou marginalisés pour des causes en lesquelles ils croient. Mes meilleurs voeux de Fouad et sa mère.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reb I agree to you. We must speak for Faud. I think he is inoscent. I am from Pakistan not Morocco, but I condem the creulity act by Morocco Government.

Anonymous said...

Hi Morocco Property,
Yes, I wish we could do more but standing up for him is a good start.
Reb